By considering access issues for all members of society, at the earliest opportunity, steps can be taken to ensure proposed facilities are suitable for use, and accessible to everyone. At ABT Safety, our NRAC Accredited Consultants will work closely with the Client’s design team to achieve, where possible, inclusive design and ensure any compromise solutions meet the requirements of Building Control or the Planning authority.
Our Access Statements include the following key project information:-
- The philosophy and approach to inclusive design;
- The key issues of the particular scheme;
- The design standards/guidance followed;
- The extent of any consultation;
- How the principles of an inclusive design have been implemented into the scheme;
- How inclusion will be maintained and managed